Gimptalk - Premier Gimp Community: Please don't panic - Gimptalk - Premier Gimp Community

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Please don't panic

#1 User is offline   PhotoComix 

• GT Senior Moderator
  • Group: Senior Moderators

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:46 AM

Remember that this is a art board and the author may be kidding
################################################################
Please don't panic...maintain the control, don't worry.
May happen to have hallucinations, cause may by stress, overwork, somatic disease...

Just relax, modern Psychiatric Asylum are there to help you
...and maybe a recover is not strictly needed,is even possible that the help of a good psychoanalyst ( as me ) may solve...

First better check if you suffer from optical hallucinations

what you see here ?

Posted Image

1 sort of waves
2 a series of perfect parallel and straight lines
3 I can't answer because at soon i looked that, i got a epileptic attack

hum..your may be a serious case..but do not worry let's try again

what you see here ?

Posted Image

1 A series of distorted ,warped but somehow concentric circles
2 A series of perfect concentric circle..what else?
33 I can't answer because at soon i looked that, i got a epileptic attack

oh well do not worry ,don't panic, take a deep breath, count down from 10 to 1 and relax

sure is better do another test..but only to exclude false positive..mhh ...i fear you may be a real positive but, don't panic...relax..take another deep breath

what you see here ?

Posted Image

1 )a sort of spiral
2 ) a perfect spiral..what else ?
3 ) I can't answer because at soon i looked that, i got a epileptic attack

humm it seems you may have some problem but do not panic, don't worry, just relax

we may take care just we need a few data to find the better therapy...sit down... relax...what you remember of your childhood ? of your first home ? of your first teacher ?
(and BTW do you remember the date of your birth?..and could you write it ?)
HUUMM..no too bad...do you remember the face of your first love? the color of her eyes ?...the address of all your parents ? (and BTW you remember also your address ..and could even you write it ? ..good...)
BUT... :!: ..too bad ...:!:

NO :!: NO :!: do not worry :!:

,maintain the control ...relax...do you remember your aunt birthday?..(Btw do you remember your Mastercard number? ...but i am afraid you have a too damaged memory..you will not able to remember the ciphers to dial...ah you do?..let's check.)

Fine..now is all fine...i may guarantee that soon your fear to be insane will be over..just relax...be quite, don't panic

tomorrow i am sure you will already feel better, your fear to be insane will start to decrease
As temporary side effect you may felt as a bit dumb...but it is part of the therapeutic process
..now just go back home, take this sleeping pills , enter in your bed , relax, and have a nice rest

from Ph.SIGMUND F. HOUDINI

BTW thank a lot for the date of birth, and all the data on your Mastercard !..much appreciated :!:

#2 User is offline   PhotoComix 

• GT Senior Moderator

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:56 AM

PS

thank to RobA for this pattern

Posted Image

that and the gradient tool did the trick...and in case you wonder the right answer was always number 2, but that kind of images always create similar effects

And thank to this tutorial easy-and-simple-abstract-background-t46311.html that helped me to rediscover the gradient tool

#3 User is offline   mikethedj4 

• mikethedj4
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationRockford, IL

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:58 AM

PhotoComix said:

PS

Posted Image

that and the gradient tool did the trick...and in case you wonder the right answer was always number 2, but that kind of images always create similar effects

If you look in the center, it's like the top and bottom lines are moving in opposite directions. Illusions are always cool. Nice work bro.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   PhotoComix 

• GT Senior Moderator

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:02 AM

you reply before i finished to edit to add a quote for you

#5 User is offline   mikethedj4 

• mikethedj4
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationRockford, IL

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:40 AM

PhotoComix said:

you reply before i finished to edit to add a quote for you

I feel the need for Speed lol
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Oregonian 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Retired Staff

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:27 AM

PhotoComix, I think you've given me a psychosis with your pictures. I want to play too.

Evil grin.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   PhotoComix 

• GT Senior Moderator

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:47 PM

PhotoComix, I think you've given me a psychosis with your pictures. I want to play too.

Psychosis ? Don't worry !
Professor Sigmund F Houdini is always glad to help, in few time you will feel better and much lighter (also thank to the therapeutic remotion of all the unnecessary weight in your wallet)
Also, as nice side effect of Sigmund F Houdini therapy ,all neurotic worries about the future of your investment will be healed....

I may assure will be a unforgettable experience :!:

#######################################################

I want to play too.

nice play :!:

now maybe we may brwse for some nice but simple silhouette...

########################################################################

PS the original use planned for that pattern is discussed here http://www.registry.....org/node/10774

And its quite different but very interesting

#8 User is offline   molly 

• PipPip

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

Wow, those are making me sea sick. especially the black and white one.
Posted Image
Posted Image Click Me!

#9 User is offline   Oregonian 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:24 PM

Dr. Sigmund F Houdini said:

you will feel better and much lighter (also thank to the therapeutic remotion of all the unnecessary weight in your wallet)
Also, as nice side effect of Sigmund F Houdini therapy, all neurotic worries about the future of your investment will be healed....

I may assure will be a unforgettable experience :!:

PS the original use planned for that pattern is discussed here http://www.registry.....org/node/10774

And its quite different but very interesting
I've not had a problem with wallet obesity but I know who to see if I do. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the link. That's very interesting about the intended use for the pattern.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   thebraino 

• PipPip

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:17 PM

PhotoComix said:

...and in case you wonder the right answer was always number 2, but that kind of images always create similar effects

I donno, I think 3 was the correct answer a few times, lol.
Fun pictures!
Sorry for any strong critiques, but I like to be critiqued as hard I possible, it's what makes me better, so I try to return the favor, lol.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   RobA 

• PipPip

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:18 PM

PhotoComix said:

PS

No problem! Glad you had fun with it.

-Rob A>
Posted Image
Fantasy Cartography and Mapping by RobA

#12 User is offline   mahvin 

• PipPip
  • LocationOregon USA

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:51 PM

Rob:

I don't know how to thank you enough for that pattern. It has been so very useful. As you can see, it has provided many with loads of fun and experimentation. I'll be using it often in my caricature drawings, and just this morning I found a new use for it:

Posted Image

Recall the rotating brush I was seeking? Well, now I have my dragon "skin". And all it took was this pattern. You rock!

mahvin

#13 User is offline   PhotoComix 

• GT Senior Moderator

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:15 PM

...Well, now I have my dragon "skin". And all it took was this pattern. You rock!

How you got the dragon skin from the pattern? i may see some similarity but i have no clear the process

#14 User is offline   mahvin 

• PipPip
  • LocationOregon USA

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:27 PM

I merged my gradient layer with the pattern sample, then File-Distort-Emboss, and adjusted Azimuth, Elevation, and Depth using "Bumpmap" mode, and moved the sliders until I was satisfied with the look. :)

I also forgot to mention that had you not brought this up on GIMP Talk, I probably would have overlooked using the gradient effect alongside the pattern. After seeing your examples above and learning this cool new texture process from an old Photoshop tutorial (see Stone Textures Tutorial on my blog) I knew I had my dragon skin texture. You and Rob both rock!

mahvin

#15 User is offline   PhotoComix 

• GT Senior Moderator

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:43 AM

Nice tutorial and good result for the wall, the fossil and for the dragon skins

how you will use the skin? i mean you plan to paint or to wrap 3D models?

#16 User is offline   Oregonian 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:02 AM

mahvin said:

I merged my gradient layer with the pattern sample, then File-Distort-Emboss, and adjusted Azimuth, Elevation, and Depth using "Bumpmap" mode, and moved the sliders until I was satisfied with the look. :)
mahvin
Could you be more specific. You said you merged your gradient layer with the pattern, but what did you do to the gradient layer first?

I love your results but I can't duplicate them.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   mahvin 

• PipPip
  • LocationOregon USA

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:29 AM

@Photocomix: I plan to paint my digitally transferred sketches with the textures. I was initially trying to create an effective rotating pattern brush, which Rob A contributed his version on the Registry. That rotating brush works better than most other methods I have tried, but this new texture/pattern technique is far better, in that it gives more depth.

@Oregonian: I didn't think I did anything different than what the gradient tutorial on GIMP Talk provided, other than using linear mode with medium darkness blue and bright green colors for gradient. I ran the linear (no repeats) gradient diagonally from the top NW corner to the bottom SE corner, on a multiply mode layer on top of the actual pattern.

For the pattern itself (keep in mind the 512 x 512 limitation if you create an image over those dimensions) I scaled it at 200%, sharpness at 20 using the pattern scale plug-in. When I was satisfied with how the gradient colors appeared over the pattern, I merged the two visible, before running the Filters-Distort-Emboss in bumpmap mode. Let me know if this helps or not, I might just make that into a tutorial on its own. :)

mahvin

#18 User is offline   Oregonian 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:46 AM

mahvin said:

using linear mode with medium darkness blue and bright green colors for gradient. I ran the linear (no repeats) gradient diagonally from the top NW corner to the bottom SE corner, on a multiply mode layer on top of the actual pattern.

mahvin
THAT's the info I was wanting.

Thanks, Mahvin, you are mahvelous! :mrgreen:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   PhotoComix 

• GT Senior Moderator

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:11 AM

today i did a lot of large optical pattern..i do not fell to upload one by one , will take ages but i may zip them, and just upload some example

i am not sure are seamless...i may even try to make seamless ,not sure about

#20 User is offline   mahvin 

• PipPip
  • LocationOregon USA

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:30 AM

@Photocomix: This might seem noobish to ask, and partially off-topic, but those kaleidoscopic fractals you create as image links, my question is: How do you make those?

As for textures, patterns, scripts, plug-ins, etc, I'm a sponge. If you ever need room for displaying or offering you pattern/texture sets, I can always create a sub-domain on my server and give you access to it. I'm a total die-hard GIMP fanatic (I may need psychological counseling, if you ask my wife, lol) so the more that's available to use in GIMP the happier I am.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic