Gimptalk - Premier Gimp Community: GAP - Text Along Path - Gimptalk - Premier Gimp Community

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GAP - Text Along Path

#41 User is offline   Oregonian 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Retired Staff

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:49 PM

I went back to look at step 16. You are not in GAP at that point.

As I said before, click the Paths tab and click the eye next to the path. You will be able to see the path in the image window.

If you want to edit the path, double-click the path preview window.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 User is offline   ccbarr 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:06 AM

HeroLink said:

how do I know im in gap?

HeroLink,

First, thank you for trying out the tutorial. You have chosen a good challenge if this is the first GAP tutorial that you are following. That's cool.

Regarding how you know you are in GAP, any of the instructions in the tutorial that have you using one of the plug-ins under the Video heading in your Gimp image window will mean that you are using GAP. I just went back to review the tutorial and I believe that at step 19 or thereabout is when you begin using GAP.

Much of the work involved in making any animation is planning and setting up the animation. At step 16, I am talking about a way of setting up a Path that will be eventually used for the animation itself.

It also helps you to learn how to set up a Path using Gimp's guides. This gives you more control over the appearance of your Path.

Once you finish the creation of that Path though, then the tutorial swings into high gear and starts you into actually using elements of GAP. The main GAP engine Move Path. Most activities regarding the use of GAP revolve around it.

Thanks again for trying the tutorial and if you need additional help, let us know. The goal is to help you to successfully complete the tutorial.

:)

#43 User is offline   Oregonian 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:34 PM

This is making me crazy! I want the balloon to drift up from the bottom and drift off at the top. I've tried adding extra canvas to the balloon so the middle falls on blank canvas but I can't get it to drift on and drift off. It either starts full blown at the bottom or stops full blown at the top, depending where the balloon lies in its image. I've tried it both ways.

I tried a negative quantity at Y for the top or added more to the bottom but it doesn't make any difference.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 User is offline   molly 

• PipPip

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:47 PM

that is so cute though.....sure beats the snake. lol
Posted Image
Posted Image Click Me!

#45 User is offline   fencepost 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:38 PM

I can't figure out why it won't work for you in GAP. :cry: Have you tried my Move Layer script for this? There's an option in there to move an object along a path. Just wondering if that would work.

#46 User is offline   Oregonian 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:51 AM

I can't find it. There are so many new ones I don't know where to look. I don't find it in a search.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 User is offline   fencepost 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:56 AM

Here it is: -script-fu-move-layers-similar-to-gap%CA%B9s-move-path--t46740s25.html

#48 User is offline   saulgoode 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:56 AM

Oregonian said:

This is making me crazy! I want the balloon to drift up from the bottom and drift off at the top. I've tried adding extra canvas to the balloon so the middle falls on blank canvas but I can't get it to drift on and drift off. It either starts full blown at the bottom or stops full blown at the top, depending where the balloon lies in its image. I've tried it both ways.

When creating your path, make sure that the first point is located far enough below the image so that the balloon gets placed completely outside the image boundaries. Likewise make sure that the last path point is far enough above the image to ensure the balloon is outside the image boundaries.

In the following screenshot I have placed "ghosts" of the balloon to show where they would end up based upon using the "Center" Handles in the Move Path command -- this means that the vertical distance between the top (last) path point and the top of the image should be half the height of the balloon layer.

Posted Image
Everybody makes their own fun. If you don't make it yourself it's not fun, it's entertainment.

#49 User is offline   Oregonian 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:15 AM

Thank you. That makes sense. I'll give it a go.

You and fence post have both come up with the same way for both GAP and fp's Move Layer script.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 User is offline   Oregonian 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:35 AM

Here it is done in GAP. I think I didn't need to make the path so long but I wanted to make sure it was long enough.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 User is offline   Oregonian 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:16 PM

I found I could pull the balloon image into the bg image and move it to where I wanted it to start, start the path there, then move the balloon image up to where I wanted it to end and end the path there. Makes it easier for me to see where the dickens I am in there. Then delete the balloon layer.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 User is offline   shelovesGIMP 

• PipPip
  • LocationTX

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:56 AM

This looks cool. :D

Um, I was wondering something here, I'm trying to animate the word "moonwalk". Don't ask. LOL

Anyway, I seem to be running into an issue with getting all the letters to move correctly. Any suggestions? Do I need to tweak with the frame settings in the Move Path in order to get them to move correctly. I'm using 60 frames.

Thanks.
"They told him don't you ever come around here. Their words are really clear so just
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic