Gimptalk - Premier Gimp Community: GAP Beginner Tutorial Set - Gimptalk - Premier Gimp Community

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GAP Beginner Tutorial Set

#41 User is offline   codyx 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:55 PM

Im still getting the box... I just don't understand...

And hwo do you save the image as that file? Normal save or what....

Sorry again...
Latest...
Posted Image

#42 User is offline   ccbarr 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2007 - 08:09 PM

codyx, my best recommendation at this point would be to redo the tutorial fresh from the beginning. I recommend slowly going over the directions making sure you have followed each step completely. Is there a step that might seem confusing? If so, feel free to leave a message, and I will respond back when I am here again. Sometimes that can be days or longer, sorry. However, if that is the case, no worries, as there are others here as well who will gladly help you with your GAP questions. :h:

#43 User is offline   codyx 

• PipPip

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:58 PM

I am still getting the red box and the render, even when I'm trying an Video to frames tutorial...
Latest...
Posted Image

#44 User is offline   ccbarr 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:36 AM

codyx, I'm not sure what else to tell you, sorry. Perhaps you can make sure that you completely close out the window containing any red box and any other image you may have been working on and work just on the video that you are converting to frames based on the tutorial you are following. Hope this helps some. :h:

#45 User is offline   nathan999 

• Pip

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:15 PM

where is VIDEO? people have told me its next to Script-Fu, but its not there!!! where is it!

#46 User is offline   XyllyX 

• Pip
  • Group: Retired Staff

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:28 PM

where is VIDEO? people have told me its next to Script-Fu, but its not there!!! where is it

Do you have GAP (Gimp Animation Package) installed? Because if you don't, you ain't gonna see a video menu entry. Install it (if you downloaded Gimp from sourceforge, there is a download link for GAP there as well), and re-start Gimp and you should see the Video entry, right there next to Script-Fu.

#47 User is offline   nathan999 

• Pip

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:36 PM

where can i download it?

#48 User is offline   XyllyX 

• Pip

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:04 AM

http://gimp-win.sour...net/stable.html

Bottom of the page. Be warned, GAP has a steep learning curve, but once you master it, it is very powerful.

#49 User is offline   nathan999 

• Pip

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:30 PM

thanks!

#50 User is offline   dom_gold 

• PipPip

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:20 PM

mine doesn't work in the preview time you see the box at the one side of the page but it doesn't work i mighrt try it again doing it a different way
-Man utd fan , Dom

-----

Don't ask about the sig i can't rememebr how to make it lol

Posted Image

[url=http://www.zooreka.com/photo-300805.html]Click here to see somthing cool!

#51 User is offline   racertj5 

• PipPip

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:59 PM

Thanx for the tutorial it worked perfect for me. I had GAP for a while but had never touched it. Just one question? what does optimize for gif do because I cant seem to figure out y u need it?
Posted Image

#52 User is offline   ccbarr 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:17 AM

racertj5 hi and thanks for trying out the tutorial. Actually it is supposed to assist in providing a reduced size for the final GIF animation file. Here is a link that tries to explain a bit more about that:

http://docs.gimp.org...lug-in-optimize

#53 User is offline   superthrust 

• PipPip

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:47 PM

does anyone know why when i do the Video | Move Path step, it says it errored and cant continue?

#54 User is offline   XyllyX 

• Pip

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:20 AM

does anyone know why when i do the Video | Move Path step, it says it errored and cant continue?

A bit more information would be helpful. What is the exact error message? Does it do it when you try to start the move path, or after you have set up your move path and click okay? Is it perhaps telling you that you don't have the amount of frames needed? I have run into that error a time or two when I miscalculated how many frames I had.

#55 User is offline   superthrust 

• PipPip

Posted 27 May 2007 - 01:19 AM

no, when i hit the move path, it gives me a windows error with the program...well, you can see...ill have to double post because its 2 different errors..

Posted Image

Posted Image

those are the 2 errors...then when i try it again, it says "move path cannot execute more than 1 video function on the same frame at the same time. Locking Image_id:1"

all im really trying to do is speed up the motion of an image, and once it reaches the end, make it play backwards...like running forward, then running backwards and then forwards again in a loop then reversal loop.

Im also trying to do things like the spiderman sig on the first page of this thread....if you could please take me under your gimp teaching wings, i would be much obliged...

#56 User is offline   XyllyX 

• Pip

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:45 PM

Yup, looking at the screenshot you posted, you have your first frame with 51 layers. Really, for what you are trying to do, Move Path is not the right tool to use.

You should first open your file, then probably save it back out under a different name, since it might be getting confused by the fact that you have given it a "video frame" name, i.e. with the _000001.xcf. It isn't a video frame, it is the full video!

Name it something like "video.xcf", and put it in a folder all by itself.

Now do Video>Split Image to Frames. This will generate 51 separate .xcf files in that folder, each one will be a different frame of video. It should make a new image called frame_000001.xcf with JUST the very first frame of the animation.

Now, in that frame, do Video>Frames to Image, and change the timing value to 15 (the timing value is in an input box at the top of the dialog). This will generate a new multi layer image with the timings changed. Save that one out as an .xcf with whatever filename you want.

Now, from that same multi-Layer Image, Do File>Save a Copy and save as .gif. Check the box for animation. In the new dialog that comes up, you can probably get away with just clicking Okay, but if you want to be fussy, change the mode from "I don't Care" to "Replace."

#57 User is offline   Pixkid 

• PipPip

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:18 AM

Vava258194:

The yellow square goes under the red one but then there's that what uggly part which appears each time.
If you can help me to solve that problem...

I saw your image... it looks like the yellow square is transitioning out of the image before it reaches the end. I'm not sure about what to do, but I understand the issue.
pixkid@macmini~$ open -a Gimp.app
bash: you want fries with that
pixkid@macmini~$ echo No thank you, I am on a diet.
bash: you make me feel unloved with your excuses
pixkid@macmini~$ echo What? Are you insinuating that I do not eat your food? When did shells ever execute commands relevant to cooking?
bash: shells duh ever think of seafood
pixkid@macmini~$ echo No fair, stop searching puns, you have Lynx and Google to use!
bash: ugh you humans are so annoying
bash: logout

[Process completed]

#58 User is offline   chaotikhell 

• PipPip

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:31 AM

lol i messed up in this tut :a: but i got it fine after a few days when i got familiar to things

#59 User is offline   Tracekimo 

• Pip

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:55 PM

I have a question about more advanced uses of GAP.

Say I have sprites, like these

Posted Image

And I want to use the 3 in the top right, labelled sideways. Say I want the infantry marching across the screen like the box. The problem is, your tutorial shows what to do when you want to move a single image, not four images in succession.

Is there a tutorial to show me that or can you tell me here?

Thanks for the help

#60 User is offline   Ivan 

• PipPip

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:36 AM

Thank you, ccbarr, you are great and I am clumsy- My box doesn't run, it doesn´t let the left side, only extends. Where did I misstake?
[EDITED] I uploaded my bad moving box, but it doesn't seem. Would somebody explain or give me a link, how to upload images in this forum?

[EDITED again] Ooops, I did it again. Now I have a moving box, maybe because I hade white background to the second image, and first time it was transparent I think it would be better to mention in the tut that it must be white background.
But now I have black moving box, even the screen around the background is black and the background is white. Why?
Another problem: When I open the video>path, the source image/layer shows as Untitled of course and not a .png as on the illustration, because you don't say anywhere to save something as .png image. It is disturbing, it took time to check if I did something wrong. No, I didn't untill there. But I did somewhere else, because I have no colors.

ps. Would somebody explain or give me a link, how to upload images in this forum? (To push the upload was not enough)

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic