Gimptalk - Premier Gimp Community: How do you make an Xfire skin? - Gimptalk - Premier Gimp Community

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How do you make an Xfire skin?

#1 User is offline   gen.miller 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:04 PM

can any one tell me how to make an Xfire skin i want to really bad!
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   XyllyX 

• Pip
  • Group: Retired Staff

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:13 PM

Well, it would certainly help if you were to mention just exacly what Xfire is and why it is running around without its skin in the first place!

#3 User is offline   gen.miller 

• PipPip

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:17 PM

lol im sry... xfire is a chat program used for gaming and you are able to make your own skins but the tut they give u is complicated. for mor info on xfire go here
http://www.xfire.com
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   XyllyX 

• Pip

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:30 PM

Alas, I am at work and the firewall blocks that site. However, I am guessing it probably uses something like XUL or maybe CSS for part of what you wanna do. One way to make a try would be to take an existing skin, copy it, and then replace the images used with ones you have created, but you'd probably want to keep the image sizes the same.

....well, I tried the "Google Translate" workaround to take a look at the site and was able to get to something on a forum that purported to explain things. However, when doing this sort of workaround with a firewall, you often get some rather odd grammatical constructions. I will have to take a look at it from home.

#5 User is offline   XyllyX 

• Pip

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:10 PM

Okay. I looked at the website and the tutorials. I am not a windows user, generally, and I really have no desire to download and fiddle around with an instant messenging prog. that I will most likely never use.

...but...after looking at things, I would say your best bet would be to follow this tutorial, and play around with different graphics and changing the values of different positions of things to see what they do. I know it is complex, but it looks like actually creating the graphics is just the tip of the iceberg, the rest of it, probably 80% of it, is using that .ini script language to tie all the graphics together into the finished interface.

Hate to say it, but TANSTAFL! (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch!).

#6 User is offline   gen.miller 

• PipPip

Posted 03 August 2006 - 11:03 AM

lol thnx alot ClayOrge its the coding part i dont understand and the ppl on that site do not explain at all of what to do.
thnx again. :h:
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic