This forum is for general questions regarding the practical use of GIMP or its related tools.
- Do not post work breaking GTs general posting guidelines, even to show a problem.
- Never double post the same question in more than one thread. Your question will not be answered faster, instead you will only annoy moderators.
- If you have a specific question on something in a tutorial, it's courteous to ask in the tutorial thread instead of in this forum. Not only will you help give some exposure to the tutorial, you are also more likely to get the attention of the original author.
- If your question concerns the meaning of a particular term such as "C4D" or "Render", first check out our Glossary in this thread.
- If your question is something which is fairly basic, check the FAQ here first to see if it is answered there.
- If you want to ask for a particular Tutorial, first check out GIMPtalk's Official Tutorial Index and User-submitted Tutorial index to see if you can find what you need.
- You can effectively search gimptalk for a particular help by using our Search form. This way you can see if your question has been answered before.
- Choose a descriptive topic of your post! Do not name your post "Need help", "Help!", "Gimp trouble" or similar, those say absolutely nothing about what you are having trouble with. Be descriptive and people will faster notice your question among all the others and if they can help. This will also help the site search engine to work.
- If you have a technical problem with GIMP, supply as much information as you can about your system. People are not mind readers. Are you running Windows (XP,Vista etc)? Linux? Mac? Which version of GIMP? Any funky hardware? Do you have the latest drivers? Supply as much information as you think is pertinent to your problem. This may help people guess at your problem.
- If you have a complex problem, consider taking screenshots of eventual error screens or other symptoms. Check out the links given above (the FAQs) if you don't know how to upload images.
- Do not be impatient. No one here gets paid to help out. If your question isn't answered to your satisfaction, politely restate your question again with some clarification.