Gimptalk - Premier Gimp Community: Test CD image - Gimptalk - Premier Gimp Community

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Test CD image

#1 User is offline   BeastOfSoda 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:54 PM

Greetings all,

I've been using GIMP on and off for a while; I am not a professional graphics designer, but in my line of work I've had to do some graphics work for which the best tool I've had access to was GIMP.

I've definitely struck against a certain learning curve with this, especially when some of the things that I was used to doing a certain way in some other programs required me to think differently with this software; while this definitely didn't make me an expert, it helped boost my creativity and little by little changed my mind on its potential.

Out of curiosity, I wanted to see if it could be used to come up with some photorealistic work as well; I set out to do a CD with a mix of GIMP and some Inkscape, just to see what would come out. I would like to know what are the glaring flaws that give it away as a photo edit, and would love to see some experience feedback on how to improve what is right now little more than a hobby of mine. I'm especially not too happy with the light refractions, I haven't found an effective way to do them yet (gradients don't quite cut it).

Thanks for your attention, guys!

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   MD Yusuf 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationBangladesh

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:10 AM

Could you please post a screenshot

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic