pooky2483, on 18 August 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:
I am trying to create a runded border to make signs like the 'Give Way' sign but I don't know where to start with it, I want to make a four sided sign and not three, which I guess will make it a lot easier although if anyone does know how to make a three sided one, that could help others as well as me.
To make an upside-down equilateral triangle:
- Position a horizontal guide where the base should be
- Position three equally spaced vertical guides.
- Start freehand selection tool
- Click on intersection of base guide with leftmost vertical
- Click on intersection of base guide with rightmost vertical
- Move your mouse towards summit
- Depress the Control key for constrained angles: the line between the pointer and your previous point is now constrained to a 60° angle. Zoom in for accuracy (Ctrl-mousewheel) and click on the middle vertical guide
- Strike [enter] to close the selection
Then, two possibilities:
- Edit/Stroke selection with a wide red line (use proper "round" miter in the "line style" options)
- Select/Border and fill.
The "stroke selection" result (slightly cleaner IMHO):