Solartide, on 12 July 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:
Magic wand tool to select the area, bucket fill tool or blend tool to color it.
Ew... this will either leave a white mark along the black line or make them jagged, depending on the threshold you'll use on the Magic wand.
The reason and solution is expounded here
Basically to fill the sections:
- remove the white inside using the magic wand+selection growth+color-to-alpha method
- add a layer under
- using the same selection, bucket-fill the underlying layer with the required color
In the image below:
- top left: magic wand with not enough threshold (whitish border)
- top right: magic wand with too much threshold (visible aliasing)
- bottom part: method above
To do the half-sections the quickest method will be to duplicate the shield and do the bottom part twice, on two layers once for each color, then to delete (or rectangle select/erase) the upper one where the lower own should show.
There is also a solution using an intersection of selections...(rectangle and magic wand)
This post has been edited by ofnuts: 12 July 2012 - 06:38 AM