Superimposing Please Help! how to super impose people from other pictures
Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:30 PM
Basically I have a picture of a group and would like to superimpose three more people into the picture. The people are on separate photos. I have tried watching video tutorials on YouTube but when I try to do it doesn’t work!
Also I am still trying to get my head around this concept of ‘layering' and what it all means, a simple explanation would be appreciated
Thank you to anyone who helps!
Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:26 PM
1) the lighting (directions of shadows, reflections) on the additional people should be the same as on the target picture
2) the perspective of the additional people should be the same as on the target picture (ie, picture taken at a similar distance)
3) color balance, for skin tones in particular, should be adjusted
4) all the people on their own layers should be properly cut out from the rest of the picture (the tough part being the hairs)
5) additional people should be properly scaled.
Be prepared to spend several long hours on that, and not be too happy with the results.
Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:22 PM
You got a photo of a group of people, and you want to add three more dudes into the photo so it looks like the people were in the original photo to begin with.
Hey, yes thats pretty much it, one photo I only have a persons head I need to add somewhere and the other two photos are head and torso.