Gimptalk - Premier Gimp Community: SmartCurve and GIMP - Gimptalk - Premier Gimp Community

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SmartCurve and GIMP

#1 User is offline   spodeworld 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:09 PM

Hi. I just installed the SmartCurve plug-in for GIMP. I had used it a while ago with PE, and it was quite helpful to have (esp as PE doesn't have real curves). Here, it is esp useful as it has different spaces in addition to RGB, such as LAB. When I call the plug-in, the preview window only shows a bit of the image, and I cannot seem to get it to view other parts of the image. I have tried changing the magnification and trying to move the image by placing my mouse in the preview and dragging it. No luck. Has anyone else with the plug in here experienced this?

#2 User is offline   PhotoComix 

• GT Senior Moderator
  • Group: Senior Moderators

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

yes often with PS plugin
i don't think there is much to do

personally i often use xnview to apply PS plugin and hen i copy and paste in gimp
to apply to a selection (xnview is a viewer don't support selection ) is simple,
after paste AS NEW LAYER invert the selection +clear

#3 User is offline   spodeworld 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

I just cut and paste the image into Irfan View, ran the filter, and then pasted as a new layer in GIMP. I guess that is the way to go with this filter.

"to apply to a selection (xnview is a viewer don't support selection ) is simple,
after paste AS NEW LAYER invert the selection +clear "
Sorry, but I am not clear about this part. Just what are you suggesting needs to be inverted? And why?

Thanks.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic