- If you have specific questions on using Gimp or an aspect of it, do not post them here but in the [General help forum].
- If you want to show or discuss a piece of art or photo, use the [Artwork],[Signature] or [Photography] forums instead.
- Do not use forum posts (nor private messages) for the sole purpose of generating traffic to another site. This is not an advertisement forum.
- This is an all-age site with visitors from all over the world. Do not post adult material or other material that can be considered offensive or sensitive to others. Also refrain from using too strong language.
- Flaming and flame wars are not allowed in any form.
- Do not make posts that endorse illegal activities. This includes things such as links to pirated software, cracks, serials etc, or asking for such.
- Be respectful of other people's opinions. Eventual criticism must be constructive. When discussing potentially inflammable concepts, it is a big difference between attacking an idea, and attacking the person having the idea. The latter is infact flaming and is not tolerated.
- Use the report button (the exclamation mark in the lower left of each post) if you want to inform moderators about a post you feel breaks the guidelines. The report is not seen by other members.
Appended note on harsh language in the forums, for clarity:
- Flaming comments and personal attacks (vulgar language or not) are never okay. Flames will always be moderated and will likely result in warnings. Repeated offenses will lead to a ban.
- Vulgar language in the context of calling someone names or referring to people in demeaning ways is never okay. It is often clear when vulgar language is used in this way and falls under the definition of flaming, above.
- You should try to use decent, mature language even when not flaming. You will not get banned for an occational explicitive, but if you do curse a lot you can expect to get moderated in-line. The level at which moderation will happen depends on the moderator catching it, this is just the way it is. Note that pushing the limits here - clearly not caring what you say just to make moderators work - will lead to warnings and eventually staff will start to consider it as abusing our good-will and time. Banning is not something we do lightly, but we will not warn people indefinitely either.