Gimptalk - Premier Gimp Community: Introduce yourself.. - Gimptalk - Premier Gimp Community

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Introduce yourself..

#21 User is offline   Sonicâ„¢ 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:41 PM

Welcome justbob

#22 User is offline   ArtisticGeek 

• Pip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 03:19 AM

hi al! I'm Karl and I love the GIMP and have been using it for about a year now. I hope to learn alot here and have some fun :w:

#23 User is offline   ZiP 

• PipPip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 03:27 AM

Well, it's a bit late for my intro, but anyways: I'm 13, m'names Marty, and I somehow got myself addicted to the GIMP and graphics a month or two ago. I'm a web developer, fluent in HTML, PHP, and CSS. I know a wee bit of javascript, and I'm probably gonna start with win32 C++ fairly soon. So, I'm basically a geek. :D

Anyways, hiya.

#24 User is offline   Ali Imran 

• Owner
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:30 AM

welcome ZIP, I am using C/C++ since 13 years and started inplementing it on win32 since 2 months but am going very good at it, if I can be of any help let me know.

regards

#25 User is offline   renzoblade 

• PipPip
  • LocationSydney AUS

Posted 31 July 2005 - 02:38 PM

im karl,17 living in sydney, into the hip-hop scene,but when i have time i muck around in GFX making and i check on my red faction forum, i started making graphics 2 years ago then gave up,started again a few months ago. GIMP 2 is very interesting and powerfull for free software,ill be learning as much as i can...but not as much since my eyes are getting bad lol ...i dont want glasses @_@

#26 User is offline   ArtisticGeek 

• Pip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 02:46 PM

sweet. Someone has the same name as me!

#27 User is offline   MR.?? 

• PipPip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 03:28 PM

Sheesh I have been here a while and this is my first time noticing this :o: In any case my name is Gregory and I am 13 going on 14 and I have been using the Gimp since about....ummm......6 months ago. I start my first year at High School this August and I will be taking a course to learning the basics of Programming (I cant wait to get to know C++ and Hacking :w:) I live in the USA, Personally I think I am fairly well aquainted with Graphic Designs with GIMP.
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   Ayim 

• Pip

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:37 PM

Glad I'm not the youngest. =) My name's Ayim, aged 14. I started using GIMP about 9 months ago (has it really been that long?) and I love it.

#29 User is offline   Buford 

• Pip

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:18 PM

I go by Buford online (and used to offline, several years ago), and I'm 27. I don't really consider myself an artist, but I putz around with the GIMP occasionally to see what I can get it to do for me. I first checked it out back at version 0.54 around 1997, and oh man, it was on par with MS Paint at the time. I started using it regularly when it was more ready for actual usage at ver. 0.99.

I've never really used Photoshop, and for all the complaining that PS users do about the GIMP interface I find the PS interface to be odd. I guess it's all in what you're used to.

#30 User is offline   natronics 

• PipPip

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:59 PM

Hey my name is Nate and I have been gimping for about a year and a half now. I just found this site looking for some tutorials and I found some good ones here! FYI I'm 21 and go to Appalachian State University. I'm majoring in Physics with a concentration in Astronomy. I have a dual boot setup with Mepis (a Debian style Linux distro.) and Windows XP. I use gimp on both.
-word

#31 User is offline   TSI 

• Pip

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:55 PM

Man, I thought I was going to be the youngest member here...ah well.

I'm 13 going on 14 and starting my sophmore year in high school.I started using the GIMP about 7 months ago and just now started to get the hang of it. The tutorials here helped a lot.

#32 User is offline   MR.?? 

• PipPip

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:07 PM

Man, I thought I was going to be the youngest member here...ah well.

I'm 13 going on 14 and starting my sophmore year in high school.I started using the GIMP about 7 months ago and just now started to get the hang of it. The tutorials here helped a lot.
Welcome to the forums TSI :h:, but if you are 13 going on 14 wouldnt you be a freshman? Like me? Or did you get promoted a grade?
Posted Image

#33 User is offline   agatka 

• Pip

Posted 16 August 2005 - 09:04 PM

Hi, my name is Agata and I'm,as you can see, from Poland. I'm 14 and I use GIMP for about a year. I often make layouts for mine and my friends' homepages and I'm starting to make my own brushes (but I'm not really good in that :w: ).

#34 User is offline   aric49 

• Pip

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:50 AM

Hello Everyone,

My name is Aric, 16, USA.

I have been working with graphics programs for the past 2 years. I have mastered Paint Shop Pro and am Very Good at it. I started the Gimp today to c what all it has. Its kinda complicated compared to PSP. I`ll keep fiddeling with it, hopefully i can get good at it!

#35 User is offline   TSI 

• Pip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:12 AM

Welcome to the forums TSI :h:, but if you are 13 going on 14 wouldnt you be a freshman? Like me? Or did you get promoted a grade?

I was promoted, but yeah I'm supposed to be a freshman.

#36 User is offline   Squirrel 

• Pip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:51 AM

Why haven't I seen THIS forum before? It's cool and I joined up in the early hours of this morning whilst learning some new tricks (your tutorials are a breeze and made me love GIMP even more!). May I say thankyou :w:

Anyway, my name is Becky, I'm 19, I live in Manchester, and I use 2 design manipulation programs. Paint Shop Pro, and of course, the GIMP.

Well that's me!

Squirrel

#37 User is offline   spiritshinobi 

• PipPip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 02:47 AM

Yo I'm Spiritshinobi I finally got around to sayin yo. I'm 15 and got into HTML and webdesigning at 12 or 13. I love chalenging myself atheletically and love baseball. I have used GIMP for about 2 months and am getting PSCS2 really soon so I'll probablly help you guys with brushes and stuff. I got an anime website at http://cursedanime.hostanime.com which I am a big fan.

#38 User is offline   Chosen1 

• PipPip

Posted 20 August 2005 - 02:33 PM

Hi all! I have posted before on this forum and thought i'd Introduce myself.

My name is christopher and I am 14 years old. I learned about the gimp thru http://www.brickfilms.com and have been addicted ever since. When I first started out I used only to add SFX to my movies but as time went on I started making pictures and stuff.
This site is very usefull and I would like to say thanks to all of the people who have put work into this site.

Just saying hi!

_C1

#39 User is offline   phill 

• PipPip

Posted 20 August 2005 - 05:18 PM

I'm phill I'm 13 and live in the U.S. Of A.

Using gimp for 2 years learning
XHTML/CSS/PHP/JS for about 2 years to (Just started learning JS & PHP knowladge is crap)
I'm also a open source zealot.

#40 User is offline   Big Gimpin9 

• Pip

Posted 23 August 2005 - 03:01 AM

Howdy...
I just registered here... My name is Nile and I haven't much experience with the gimp ... but I'm rapidly learning. i've made some simple graphics based on the tutorials provided on this website, such as many variations on the "Tech Star." I live in the US, Texas, to be presisce. Without further ado... I have to go. I'll post up later! :l:

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked