Hey guys!! welcome to my very first, good result tutorial!!! lol. Lots of people asked me how i got it right as soon as i put the sig up :O I've been really bored lately sooo thought i'd right a tut up! Enjoy!
Some stuff you might want
Render - http://planetrenders.net/renders/displa ... fullsize=1
Fractal - got it from some1 elses tut lol - http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj12 ... ewego2.png
greentunics pack (pack1)- 40-fractals-second-pack-of-20-fractals-added--t33347s0.html
1. open new canvas **mine was 359x134** delete the white layer, then add a new layer and fill it completely with black using the bucketfill tool.
2. paste in your render on a new layer and resize it to wat you would want ur render size to be. move it a little to the side of the place your render is going to be, then choose the smudge tool.
3. SETTINGS-smudge tool- apply jitter (140-150) rate (60-65) spacing (20) brush the entire render with these settings out to the left. wat you do is use fairly large strokes facing out in one spot, then next then next etc...
4. paste your render in again**new layer** resize it again etc... then move it over to the right a wee bit. repeat step 3 except brush out to the right.
5. merdge these 2 layers together. so far i have this:
6. duplicate this layer and choose the upper one. set it to screen 100% opacity:
7. paste your render in again! resize again etc!!! position the reneder as pleased and then duplicate it once. hide the top render layer and select the lower one. choose the erase tool and choose the galaxy (AP) brush. erase some outer parts of the render, eg. the shoulders. for mine i did this:
8. now hide the layer we were just working on and unhide the other one. make sure its selected. erase some of the same areas then take out bigger chunks in other areas. this is what i got:
9. unhide all layers. lower the top ones opacity to about 95% here is mine now:
10. add a new transparent layer. choose the gradient tool (blend tool) make FG colour white, gradient FG-transparent, and shape= radial. draw a gradient from your light source. set it to overlay, 45% opacity
11. do edit>copy visible --- edit>paste (right click>new layer)
12. choose blend tool. gradient= germanflag smooth. shape=linear. then go colours>map>gradient map. set it to overlay -68%opacity.
mine so far:
13. repeat step 11. this time run a deep sea gradient. set it to screen 20% opacity.
14. add a new transparent layer and paste in a fractal or c4d with good flow. mine is listed at the top. I positioned mine, erased some parts that didnt look good, then set it to overlay 100% opacity. I duplicated it to com out both sides of my render. I placed this at top of all the layers.
I now have this:
15. next i added another fractal to kinda, spice it up :P it can be found in greentunics fractal pack listed at the top. (#14) I positioned it above all layers and set it to, yet again, overlay 100% opacity.
Results/ Helpfull hints from users
Just try using the original render and using that standard hard round brush at 70-90 rate, 1 spacing, and different sizes just blend the bottom of the render into the background and add some effect C4D's over it.