Gimptalk - Premier Gimp Community: Video Tutorial: Draw an eye in GIMP in 5 minutes - Gimptalk - Premier Gimp Community

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Video Tutorial: Draw an eye in GIMP in 5 minutes

#61 User is offline   Griatch 

• GT Administrator
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:40 AM

View PostJeremiah R, on 27 January 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

Posted Image
http://cgcookie.com/...st-eye-in-gimp/

thanks for your time you put into your tuts. I only have a mouse so I haven't done too much in gimp. Your tuts are informative and easy to follow. Ive only done a couple but also because I've been trying to learn 3d at the same time. cyas

I fixed your post so the image works now. :) Thanks for trying out the tutorial and getting such a fine result out of it! It's a more realistic style of eye than the tutorial shows. I like the effort you have taken with the eyebrows and iris, is it made from a reference?
Anyway, it's a very nice result and shows a lot of personality. I like it! Put it up in the "hall of fame" up top. :D
Griatch

#62 User is offline   Jeremiah R 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:29 AM

Ya I tend to reference for most everything I try to draw and make in 3d as Im not the greatest at creating my own images out of my brain. I probably should start to try to create more from the top of my head but I've always been pretty decent and being able to draw from reference. SO I tend to stick with what im more comfortable with.(not sure if bad or not.) take care

#63 Guest_vanguard_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

This is my attempt at the eye (click for a larger version):
Posted Image

#64 User is offline   Reishi24 

• Pip

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

Not as good as any other's, but it's fine I think.
Posted Image

P.S: Damn, it's a lot worse than others. Pff.

Edit: My next try here:

Posted Image

It's still worse than others. What am I doing wrong, may anyone give advices? Something must be wrong with me, while every other attendant produced way better pictures than mine. Scroll up in this page, and you'll see right away.

This post has been edited by Reishi24: 24 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

#65 User is offline   Allen Smilden 

• Pip

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

I think my iris lines are to thin and my smudge brush was to big on the eyelashes, thanks for the tutorial!

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic