Gimptalk - Premier Gimp Community: Installing Gimp Animation Package (GAP) on mac os x? - Gimptalk - Premier Gimp Community

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Installing Gimp Animation Package (GAP) on mac os x?

#1 User is offline   mananan 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:15 AM

hey,
im tring to install GAP without any luck. do you know how? or the whereabouts of detailed instructions how to install GAP on mac os x?

thanks,
mananan.

#2 User is offline   saulgoode 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Retired Staff

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:56 AM

I have yet to hear anyone say that they are successfully using the GAP on Mac OSX. There has been some recent progress with getting the GIMP to run natively (i.e., without using X11) but that has only happened in the last couple of days and it will take a while to work out the bugs. You may wish to contact the people involved in that effort to offer encouragement and assistance.
Everybody makes their own fun. If you don't make it yourself it's not fun, it's entertainment.

#3 User is offline   Griatch 

• GT Administrator
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:42 AM

But in the interim I would guess GIMP+GAP etc should run nicely on X11? Isn't that good enough?
Griatch

#4 User is offline   mananan 

• Pip

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:12 AM

Hi Griatch,

Thanks for your reply on the forum regarding the installation of Gimp-Gap on os x.

My question still remains! How can i install Gimp-Gap on os x? Of course i have installed X11
and successfully installed gimp aswell as openoffice, etc. I would appreciate advice on how to
install 'gap' from start to finish. I have tried .configure, etc on the gap download folder to no avail.

but then maybe i'm downloading the wrong source... who knows? gimp-gap-2.2.1.tar.gz is what
i have.

Your help would be appreciated.

regards,
mananan.

#5 User is offline   PieKey 

• Pip

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:49 PM

well, GAP on Mac OS X ain't impossible - but it's not Mac-like!

First you need MacPorts!
Download MacPorts and install it!
Open the Terminal and do:
$ sudo port -d selfupdate
$ sudo port install gap

There is also a more Mac-like way:
After installing MacPorts, install Porticus and search for GAP, install it and you're done!

I dunno if this will work together with Aaron's Gimp.app 2.2.11 or if it is a "stand alone application" but if it works, it will be found in /Applications/MacPorts/GAP.app (or something similiar)

I never used GAP before so, try this at your own. But I'm pretty sure, that you're doing nothing, that can be redone with
sudo rm -rf \
/opt/local \
/Applications/MacPorts \
/Library/Tcl/macports1.0 \
/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.* \
/Library/StartupItems/DarwinPortsStartup

see ya!

#6 User is offline   alow 

• Pip

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:19 PM

I typed this:
$ sudo port install gimp-gap

…and I received this:
---> Building gimp-gap with target all
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_gimp-gap/work/gimp-gap-2.2.2" && make all " returned error 2
Command output: make all-recursive
Making all in extern_libs
echo "cd /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_gimp-gap/work/gimp-gap-2.2.2/extern_libs/ffmpeg"; \
cd /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_gimp-gap/work/gimp-gap-2.2.2/extern_libs/ffmpeg;\
make lib
cd /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_gimp-gap/work/gimp-gap-2.2.2/extern_libs/ffmpeg
make -C libavcodec all
/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -O3 -g -Wall -Wno-switch -O2 -no-cpp-precomp -DHAVE_LRINTF -fno-common -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -I.. -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -c -o msmpeg4.o msmpeg4.c
msmpeg4.c: In function 'msmpeg4_pred_dc':
msmpeg4.c:838: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
msmpeg4.c: In function 'msmpeg4_encode_block':
msmpeg4.c:727: error: can't find a register in class 'BREG' while reloading 'asm'
{standard input}:15149:non-relocatable subtraction expression, "_msmpeg4v34_decode_mb" minus "L00000000003$pb"
{standard input}:15149:symbol: "_msmpeg4v34_decode_mb" can't be undefined in a subtraction expression
{standard input}:15132:non-relocatable subtraction expression, "_msmpeg4v12_decode_mb" minus "L00000000003$pb"
{standard input}:15132:symbol: "_msmpeg4v12_decode_mb" can't be undefined in a subtraction expression
{standard input}:15114:non-relocatable subtraction expression, "_wmv2_decode_mb" minus "L00000000003$pb"
{standard input}:15114:symbol: "_wmv2_decode_mb" can't be undefined in a subtraction expression
make[4]: *** [msmpeg4.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [lib] Error 2
make[2]: *** [/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_gimp-gap/work/gimp-gap-2.2.2/extern_libs/ffmpeg/libavformat/libavformat.a] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.

How can I fix it?

#7 User is offline   saulgoode 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Retired Staff

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:26 AM

Can you pass options to 'configure' under the ports system? If so, try using the '--disable-libavformat' option.

The FFMPEG developers don't provide a stable interface over time and so it is necessary that the GAP ship with a snapshot of the entire library at some point in time. So even though the GAP includes FFMPEG, the GAP developers have little control over problems which arise with FFMPEG functions -- and the error message you are receiving seems to indicate there is a problem with FFMPEG.

Are you using an Intel-based Mac?
Everybody makes their own fun. If you don't make it yourself it's not fun, it's entertainment.

#8 User is offline   Sims 

• Pip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

Hey,

Just thought I'd add what I've tried,

I had a go with the '--disable-libavformat' option and also after reading things on a different forum I added '--disable-audio-support' as this was causing further errors, I also added '--disable-libmpeg3' and resulted with this:

daniel-sims-computer:~/Desktop/gimp-gap-2.2.2 danielsims$ make
make all-recursive
Making all in extern_libs
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in images
Making all in libgapvidapi
Making all in gap
Making all in po
file=`echo az | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
&& rm -f $file && -o $file az.po
/bin/sh: line 1: -o: command not found
make[2]: *** [az.gmo] Error 127
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any ideas as to what else needs to be done?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic