Flaming sig tutorial
Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:57 AM
no images yet place the things in "[ ]" so that I would know where to put the images sorry for the iconveniance
Ok so after many requests I have decided to make this tutorial based off of this sig:
[sig goes here]
Ok then let's get started here is what we will be making:
[other sig goes here]
1. start out with a blank black image, 300 X 150 (or whatever you like)
[black image goes here]
2. let's go to file | open as layer and then open up our render
[image with render goes here]
3. Now duplicate the render layer 6 times (again number is optional), and place them so they cover
the whole sig and you have a wide variety of colors ( make sure you still have your normal render on top)
4. Now do a gaussien blur on 20, next do a pick 100, 100
(DO THIS TWICE)
5. now do a motion blur linear any angle whatever length, I prefer 20.
6. duplicate motion blur layer set on screen at 50%
7. duplicate render layer repeat motion blur on same settings, set the blurred render layer to screen 100% (BEHIND THE RENDER)
8. make a new layer fill with sparks brush and displace it by itself (filters | map | displace)
put it at the bottom of the stack
9. duplicate the render and displace it by the sparks layer set it to screen 100% and erase around the face,
or whatever you want the focal point to be.
10. now merge your two background layers together. the blur ones, duplicate the merged layer and do
another displace on it using the sparks layer set it to screen 100%
11. now displace the background layer that has not been displaced upon by the sparks
12. go to edit | copy visible, edit | paste, and then layer | new layer
displace this layer on the sparks layer
13. set this layer to normal 20% percent and again erase around the face, and/or the focal point
14. copy visible again and change your colors to 73155c and ff8a00
go to filters | colors | map | gradient map
15. set that layer to color at any opacity ( I used 40%)
16. repeat #14 using these colors and these settings
-ffca00 & a01212 color 20%
-00097e & 06ff00 color 10% (opacity depends on color scheme your going for)
-5c371b & d57d7d color 40% (whatever you like)
-000000 & ffffff saturation (or color) 40% (still doesnt matter)
17.make a new layer
go to select | select all, select | shrink, set it to two and then go to select | invert edit | fill with fg color (black)
18. on same layer
go to select | select all, select | shrink, set it to two and then go to select | invert edit | fill with bg color (white)
19, set that layer to grain merge
20. add text
thanks to trap and curly for the spark displace technigue
thanks to all those who requested this tutorial
thanks to all you who contribute to gimptalk
Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:08 PM
credit where it's due. :w:
Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:18 PM
credit where it's due.
Really watup started it in his sprite tut. IMO he invented it. But its debatable.
But anyway, nice tut. Nice outcome also.
Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:06 AM
Old topic anyway, but i liked it alot.
Followed it and then went on my own did a few things.
Here's the result.
DA Page - Check it out :DLeave a comment :P